Sunday, April 6, 2014

March 31

This week has been one full of amazing things! This area has been a little slow, but it's really starting to pick up! The Lord is hastening His work! Hurrah for Israel!

We found a wopping 6 new investigators this week! Woohoo! We're so exited! That doesn't include the people we're already teaching! Sister Vance and I have been so blessed that we were able to find people that were prepared to hear the gospel. It makes being out here so much more fun when you have people to teach! One of the new investigators was definitely found with the help of the Lord; we were tracting through these appartments when Sister Vance got this feeling about a certain door. She felt like we really needed to knock on it. We knocked twice, and no one answered, and we almost walked away, but I had this feeling to knock just one more time and she opened the door! She let us talk to her a little about the church and she listened to everything we had to say and she told us we could come back! It was amazing!

One of our investigators, Nickie, is really awesome. She always asks really good questions and is really open minded to what the answers are. She really wants her family to get involved with the church as well, but they don't seem as interested as she is. Her daughter, Susie, sat in and listened to us talk about the restoration of the gospel, and she asked a few good questions :) Questions are our favorite! Nickie and Susie are both reading the Book of Mormon really faithfully! Nickie is especially excited that Susie has been reading :) She read 5 chapters in one sitting! They both came to church this Sunday and they seemed to really like it :) Everyone has been so welcoming and kind to them. The ward has been really awesome member missionaries :)

Speaking of which, one of the people in our congregation has been talking to a co-worker named Derek about religion and invited him to listen to us! It was a really good lesson, and he really liked what we had to say :) We actually have a meeting with him tonight back at the Visitors Center! Sister Vance and I are really excited to go back! :)

I still havent't had a chance to use my Spanish; I almost got to teach a lesson, but they never showed :/ I still pray in Spanish and do language study, so it's still there. My companion isn't Spanish speaking, but she knows quite a bit of Spanish :) She could help me teach a lesson if we had to. It's kinda funny, people ask me all the time if I'm waiting for my Visa, and I always tell them "Nope, I was called to serve here in the states." :D

I think you'll like this, mom. We met this family called the Andersons, who is a very interesing family, but I love them a lot; they remind me a little of home :) Anyways, the mom is really into photography and she's really good at it too! She is currently serving a mission for the church, but a different kind that's really cool! What the church has decided to do instead of hiring people to do the photography for the church is having members serve as photographers and donate their pictures to the church! This is pretty small since their just trying it out, but it's a great idea! What an awesome calling! I can see you doing that, mom :)

There's this article that a member told me about called "5 Things This Mormon Wish You Knew" on Facebook and it sounded really cool. People have been posting it all over and it's struck up some pretty cool conversations. You guys should check it out!

Sister Vance and I have also come up with this new phrase (which by the way Kortney, you can feel free to use on my Instagram) that we like to use. It's #mishprobs. For example: "That awkward moment when you realize you scheduled two dinner appointments in one night. #mishprobs" Tell the Elders they can use that whenever they want. It's gonna be a thing.

Sister Vance and I went shopping today at Target and I got a new bag! The one I got for Christmas is pretty good, but it was just wasn't quite big enough to fit everything. It's pretty cute :) And I also bought a dress from the maternity section. I figure if I gain weight on my mission I'll have plenty of room for growth in this dress :D It's comfy. 

Like I told you last week, I got a hair cut. I also donated it. I just got my certificate from Locks of Love. I'll have to forward the pic :) 

 

I also want to thank the family for praying on my behalf. I have felt the influence of your prayers. I have been doing so well this last week and I know it was because of the faith of my family members. Thank you so much.

Hope you guys are having a good week! Have a Happy Birthday mom!

I can't seem to get my camera to load up pictures to send to you :/ My camera doesn't want to cooperate. I might have to get something that will read my card that I can plug in. That's what I borrowed from my companion and that seems to work really well. Pictures might have to wait awhile. #picsprobs

 

Hermana Candland

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment