Monday, April 21, 2014

April 14

Nothing too eventful to report this week since I was out for a few days with the stomach flu, but not too bad. Our investigator Nickie is just so awesome! She makes me so happy to be a missionary! She's the one that's getting baptized this Saturday!  She really genuinely wants to know the truth and tries her best to do what's right. She came for all 3 hours with us and I guess she started to cry according to the teachers, but I didn't notice. She said it went by faster than she thought it would and that she really enjoyed it! Everyone in the ward is so awesome. They announced her baptism and everyone came up to her and told her they were excited for her and that they would try their best to come! New Mark is a pretty great ward :)

Oh yeah, and crazy thing that got announced in church yesterday: the ward is getting split! Sister Vance and I are freaking out! We don't know how many investigators we'll lose and how many of our ward missionaries will be taken away! We love them all and can't bare the thought of not being able to work with them! But it should still be a good thing, it should really help the work move forward. We're curious to see who the missionaries will be for the new ward :)

I'm beginning to think that the theme for my mission is tornados. There were lots of talks in conference about tornados, and then this Sunday all of the speakers talked about the tornado talks and THEN I'm in a place where tornados aren't that uncommon! Not to mention my own spiritual tornados that come up being a missionary. Maybe I'll get to experince a real tornado out here? Let's hope not!

So there's also this new phrase that the missionaries have been using a lot out here: YOMO. You Only Mission Once. It's kinda funny since it's not entirely true, but still a good concept, like "Hey, do you think we should talk to that guy?" "HECK YEAH! They need the gospel too!!! YOMO!!!!" 

Oh yeah, and I was able to go back to my last ward for a baptism for the 9-year-old Zack. It was so great! Zack was so adorable! He was really excited! He actually didn't recognize me at first with my haircut, he asked me who I was :P A lot of people were like "Whoa, your hair!" Bishop had a pretty funny face when he saw me! It was so good to see them all :)

That about sums it up for this week. Here are some pictures:

Before

After the big cut

The final: With my new companion Sister Vance!

April fools dinner

 Here's Zack's baptism!



Hermana Candland

No comments:

Post a Comment