Sunday, April 6, 2014

March 24

This week was transfers and we thought that Sister Raymer was going to be leaving and that I would be staying, but no! She is staying in Independence and I was moved to a new area! I'm now in Platte City and the area is brand new to sisters; I'm officially the third sister to be part of this area.

My new companion is Sister Vance! She's super sweet and she's got a really relaxed personality, so that's nice :) The area that I'm serving in with her is pretty new, so it can be a little slow. Being a full-proselyting sister is WAY different than serving part-time at the Visitor Center. It's a lot more laid back since you have so much more time to go see people and you don't have to cram for time to see people. It's nice to be somewhere that I have a little more room to breathe :) sometimes I think I have a little bit too much wiggle room, but that just makes me more motivated to find people to teach so I have something to do!

We don't have too many investigators, and I've only met one of them. The one that we taught this last week is this older man named Roy. He's been Baptist almost his whole life, and so his biggest obstacle is leaving the people that look up to him in that church and just the fact that it's a change, which we understand.We asked him that if he prayed and found out that this church was the place that God wanted him to be and if he would be baptized, and he said he would! Yay for progress! Baby steps! :) We're going to invite him to teach the Boy Scouts one night and we're going to bring some people from our ward to help him feel a little more comfortable with the church :)

The new ward is really nice and they feed us well. One night this family made us homemade pizza with chicken, bacon, and Alfredo. It was WAY good! The family that made it for us is pretty creative with her food; for a chili contest she made a dish with BBQ sauce and bacon, and guess who one that contest???? SHE DID!! :) This ward is also nick-named "The Sugar Ward" because they always feed the missionaries desserts, which means it's going to be a little tough for me and my goal. The bishop was teasing me when I mentioned it, saying, "Well, good luck with that Sister Candyland!" I'm determined now more than ever to prove him wrong!! :D

I think that you might like this, Dad. Before transfers, on my last pday with Sister Raymer, she had this prompting that we should to go to Famous Dave's for lunch (which, by the way, in my opinion is not as good as your cooking) :) While we were in there, we tried to figure out why she felt prompted to come. We decided to try to talk to our waitress, "Famous Bobbie," but we had a hard time figuring out what to say to her. Then, all of a sudden, she walks by us and says, "If you don't mind me askin', what are y'all doin' here?" (Yes, she has a slight accent). We were so excited! We started talking to her about our purpose, and we eventually asked her if she would like a Book of Mormon, and she accepted it very excitedly! She was so sweet and we gave her our number on a mormon.org card with our tip :) When we left we gave her a hug and she told us that we should come back and see her again! I'll have to ask Sister Raymer how things are with her now :)

So, now that I'm in a new area, my pday will be on Mondays. As long as I'm full-pros it should be Mondays. VC sisters usually have different pday's because they need girls on shift.

Hope all is continuing to go well back home! Thank you for your prayers!
BTW I got a haircut. I'll send pics next week! :)
 
 
Hermana Candland

 

No comments:

Post a Comment