Sunday, April 6, 2014

March 18

This last week has been a little rough because of all the stress. Today we're going to use my pday and stay in the apartment to just relax and allow myself to recuperate.

Sister Raymer has been such a great companion and is the exact person that I have needed at this time in my life. Today she got "Dear Jane-d" and it seemed to hit her pretty hard. I want to be there for her just like she has been there for me. This companionship has been truly inspired of the Lord. It just makes me realize how mindful God is of each and everyone of us.

On a lighter note, we've been talking to an investigator named Austin over the phone at the Visitors Center and he is absolutely amazing. He called the VC one day asking about the scripture that says "you'll know if these things are true if you pray about it." We told him it was in Moroni 10:3-5 and told him we wanted to talk to him after he'd read it. We've been discussing with him about the church a lot and he reads a prays...well...religiously. He wants to know what the truth is so badly, and he wants and to do what the Lord asks of him. He said a prayer over the phone and those are the things that he said. He said he's been receiving answers from studying and praying, getting feelings that he's never felt before in his life. He said he had strong feelings of peace and clarity. We told him that those feelings were from the Holy Ghost, and these feelings have been coming from Heavenly Father, telling him that he's going down the right path. He told us that he went to church for the first time this last Sunday and that everyone was so welcoming. He said he felt like he was home. One of the members took him on a tour through the building, and when they got into the room with the baptismal fount he said he was overcome with emotion. After that experience, he just wants to know when he can get baptized. For awhile, Sister Raymer and I questioned whether or not this was real! We couldn't believe this was happening!!! We told him to meet with the missionaries in his area (since he lives in Oregon) and talk with them about taking the rest of the lessons and setting a date for baptism. He also said his family has been very unsupportive of his decision, but he knows that he's doing the right thing. He has been such a blessing to me and I feel priviledged to have the opportunity to teach him. He has strengthened my testimony and is an amazing example to me. He is so amazing, and I hope that one day I'll be able to meet him!

That about sums it up for this week, or at least that's all I can muster up to type. This week has been exhausting. I'm going to take a very laid back pday today.
 
I did a new hair.
 My district.
 My district goofing off.

Some food.
 

Hermana Candland

No comments:

Post a Comment