Sunday, February 9, 2014

February 6

Yesterday was my first day in Missouri and I met my president and his wife. She is the sweetest lady! She spent hours and hours cooking up a good meal for us, and my goodness it was amazing! I about cried it was so much better than rice and beans! I also slept so much better than I usually do since I basically slept on a cloud! It was sooooooooo wonderful!!!!



This morning she also cooked us up a delicious breakfast. I gave her a big hug and thanked her for the effort she put in to our food. I don't remember being so happy for food in my whole life!!!

Today I got my new companion. She is so cute! Her name is Sister Raymer. She just came up to me with a big smile on her face and gave me the biggest hug and we walked around holding hands X) That's one thing I've noticed about a lot of the girls here, they're all very touchy-feely and love playing with each others hair.

Anyways, she's an English speaking sister, but she's already got some Spanish investigators, so she's really glad for me to be here. We teach them tonight!!! It's crazy!! Hope I'm fluent enough!!! :)

On our way to the mission office, there were these two sisters who are good friends with my new sister and they were really excited to meet me! One of them ( Sister Buckhave) started running and totally spilled it and got a nasty cut on her chin, and now she's getting stiches! D: She's so cute! She kept on saying things like "It was so worth it for you Sister Candland!" It was pretty funny! But those two companions and my companion all really like to sing, so we're gonna have a blast together!

Some more about Sister Raymer: She is so in tune with the Spirit, she's unafraid to teach the gospel to strangers on the street and it's amazing. It's something I'm definitely gonna have to get used to. Please pray for me that I'll be able to overcome my anxieties. I'm going to need as much help as I can get.

I also had to say goodbye to Hermana Laycock today. I decided to write her a letter and I gave it to her today. I already miss her, a lot more than I thought I would.

So that's the gist of the past few days. I'll be having my pday on Tuesday from now on.

Wish me luck out in the real world!
Hermana Candland

No comments:

Post a Comment