Sunday, February 9, 2014

February 3

I heard about the Superbowl. My district´s always asking our branch president about scores. Everyone was pretty shocked that the Seahawks won by so much. I was definitely expressing my Seattle pride! :)

This week was quite exciting. Me and my hermana´s decided to play a joke on our elders. We left bread at their front door with notes that said, "Hope you enjoy the bread. Don´t make deals with the DEVIL!!!" and "Run, run, as fast as you can. You can´t catch me, I´m the BREAD MAN!" They thought it was hilarious. It was a lot of fun! :)

My companion Hermana Montgomery also really cracks me up. She has this thing for people watching, but she´s so intense about it. It´s hilarious! She´s actually really good at reading body language, so good that people actually pay her to watch them when their out on a date to watch their chemistry and if they´re a good couple. She´s done this several times, and she´s seen 3 of those couples get married. She taught me a little about what she knows and it was actually quite fascinating! It was so eye-opening!



Our district also had a meeting this week and it was so amazing. We talked to each other about our effectiveness as a district, we told each other everything that frustrated us and had been building up inside us for the past 6 weeks, and we shared what our strengths were and what we loved about each other. The Spirit was so strong, and after we were done with the meeting we all felt like there was this huge weight lifted off our shoulders. I feel a profound love for the people in my district and have more respect for them after that.
 

 I´m noticing my Spanish is significantly better. I finally feel like I can speak enough Spanish to teach lessons without looking off of a piece of paper. I´ve learned how to depend on the Lord to tell me what I need to say more during my lessons. I have received the words to say and not only that but in Spanish! I It feels so different and I can feel the Spirit with me during the lesson. I strongly believe that the gift of tongues is real, just not in the way that we all think.

So the reason that I get to email today and tomorrow is because Hermana Montgomery left this morning, another girl in our casa left too, so her companion and mine decided to be companions since they´ve been friends in high school. Right now I´m with Hermana Jones and she leaves tomorrow and she got permission to email today. Tomorrow is their p-day and I´m just going to loop into their companionship since we leave on the same day.
 
The important buildings in Mexico City are the cathedrals...

...and McDonald's.

 

 

Take care!
Hermana Candland

No comments:

Post a Comment