Wednesday, January 15, 2014

January 15

Tell Rylee that I miss her too! I´m glad she´s getting herself situated and comfortable in her new room :)

This week has been a huge improvement from the first few weeks. I feel like I´m starting to get the language a little better. I can pray mostly in Spanish and I can bare my testimony and I can teach lessons. I finally felt like I was doing pretty good yesterday when we were practicing with each other. I felt like the Spirit worked through me, even though I didn´t know all of the words. I feel a lot more adequate.

I´ve also come a lot closer to my companions. It´s been a challenge working with each other since there are three of us and sometimes I´m the third wheel and sometimes we don´t get along the best we should. Hermana Laycock admitted to me that she´s never been able to get along with girls and that she´s not sure how to deal with me, but I´ve prayed to Heavenly Father to feel charity towards them both and to bless me with opportunities to serve them. Yesterday, we had pizza and Hermana Laycock couldn´t eat it since she has a gluten intolerance. I had a feeling that I should offer her my toppings, so I did. Cheese and all. She seemed really grateful and almost humbled that I would offer her the best part of my pizza. It was little, but it actually made a big difference in our relationship. She seems a lot more loving towards me, and I´ve grown to love her so much. Hermana Montgomery has always been so kind towards me and continues to do so.

My district continues to be really weird. The Elders are super funny and so friendly to me. I can´t really explain how their weird, they just are. They´re a bunch of goofballs. 

One of them, Elder Amacher, showed me this thing called gloving. He´s really good at it and showed me one of the moves. I´m pretty sure that It´s what Lars is into. I´ll have to see if I can get a video. 

Another thing, one of ther Hermanas in my casa is a cosmetologist and I let her do my makeup on her pday. It looked really good! She´s so cute and really bubbly and really nice. She just made me think of Monique since she really likes cosmetology too. I miss that girl :)

Last night we had an amazing devotional from Elder Bednar. It was live from Provo. He talked about how belief is only part of faith, and that active faith requires action. I understand now how important it is for us to act upon the promptings of the Spirit, and that God can´t bless us until we make an effort. I don´t know how, but every time we have a devotional it always seems to be exactly what I need to hear. Actually, I do know. It´s Heavenly Father. He inspires those people with the message that us missionaries need to hear.

Sorry I still don´t have pictures. It´s taking too long for them to upload and I need to go. Hope you guys are doing great at home! Love you!

Hermana Candland


1 comment:

  1. It's amazing what offering the best part of your pizza can do for you and others. Well done, Hermana NiNi!! Love, hugs, and prayers from Brimleys!!

    ReplyDelete